MAINA POWER TRANSMISSION
Established in 1886, MAINA Power Transmission has been operating for over 60 years in power transmission equipment for industrial plants and are capable of designing, manufacturing and offering mechanical components of large dimensions and very high quality.
MAINA has been manufacturing industrial universal shafts for the last thirty years.
The product range includes 26 sizes, divided according to the dimensions and the use, into:
- Standard & Tunnel designs w/ swing diameters 180 – 620mm
- Heavy Duty designs w/ swing diameters up to 1300mm
- HISHAFT® transmission: suitable for standard swing diameters for increased performances and bearing life
For over forty years, MAINA has manufactured gear spindles providing high-quality solutions for steel and metal rolling mills.
- Fixed or telescopic intermediate units
- High torque at up to 3° working angles
- Options for nitriding, case hardening and tempering, with final grinding of the working teeth
- HISPINDLE® transmission: 60% higher performance compared to standard carburized components
For over sixty years MAINA has been manufacturing gear couplings of all types and dimensions. The best quality of the raw materials and the highest accuracy of the machining, thanks to the latest toothing machines, enable MAINA to achieve the maximum load capacity in minimum space and the longest lifetime with minimum maintenance. MAINA’s diversified production range includes many types with capabilities for flange diameters ranging from ~ 100mm to over 2500mm. Standard production is fast and streamlined thanks to automated, robotic cells providing complete autonomy through various stages of turning/milling, drilling, and etching. Tailor-made solutions are developed on-demand to satisfy all possible customer needs in any variety of applications. Rigid, fixed, high-angle, high-torque or high-speed; on mill stands, cranes, ships or pumps.
- GO-A series: standard couplings w/ outer flange diameter up to 505mm
- GO-B series: heavey duty couplings w/ outer flange diameter up to 2500mm
- HS series: High speed couplings w/ accurate precision ground gear teeth for speeds up to 36,500 rpm
- GTS series: Barrel couplings for crane application w/ outer flange diameter up to 850mm
Steel forgings using AISI 1045 for standard couplings, 4140 for high-torque applications and higher-type materials when required Specialized heat treatments in order to limit surface corrosion, increase surface hardness & wear resistance
Low Angle, Long Distance
Spacer Couplings: a fixed tubular center section cut to length for the needs of your application between two flex half couplings Floating Shaft Coupling: two complete couplings with rigid outer halves and flex inner halves altered to accept a tubular center shaft